Madrid 2013

The Casa de la Panaderķa (Bakery House) was erected during the construction of the Plaza Mayor.  It was completed in 1619 but was rebuilt and redecorated after fires in 1670 and 1790.  The paintings on the facade done by artist and ceramicist Enrique Guijo in 1914 deteriorated over the 20th century, but were restored in 1992.

Previous Up Next